Are you experiencing feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or feelings of worthlessness? Do you experience intense feelings of sadness that have lasted for more than two weeks?
Most people will experience periods of sadness, or feeling blue, in their lifetime; however, one in ten Americans will experience something more. This something more is depression, and it can affect each person in different ways. A recent article in Psychology Today described symptoms of depression:
Symptoms of Depression May Include
- Persistent feelings of sadness and anxiety
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feeling worthlessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
- Decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Insomnia, early morning awakening or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight loss, or overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders and chronic pain
Depression, even the most severe case, responds well to treatment. Haven Professional Counseling wants you to know that you are not alone. We will will utilize various research-based treatment options to help manage depression. We work with clients to create a treatment plan customized to their individual needs.
Various forms of treatment for anxiety may include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness Interventions, Dialectical Behavior Informed Treatment, Relational, Psychodynamic, Gestalt and Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy approaches.
Do you find yourself worrying constantly? Are you unable to relax? Do you find that your mind continues to race at night, keeping you awake? Although stress and anxiety are a normal part of life, if you find yourself unable to turn off the anxious thoughts you may be experiencing Generalized Anxiety Disorder. An article in Psychology Today describes the following symptoms of Generalized Anxiety Disorder:
Symptoms of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Expect the worst
- Worry excessively about money, health, family or work, when there are no signs of trouble
- Are unable to relax
- Are irritable
- Are easily startled
- Can’t control their excessive worrying
- Suffer from insomnia
- Feeling tired for no reason
- Muscle tension and aches
- Having a hard time swallowing
- Trembling or twitching
- Feeling lightheaded
- Feeling out of breath
- Having to go to the bathroom frequently
- Hot flashes
The staff at Haven Professional Counseling is trained in diagnosing and treating Anxiety. You are not alone, and most individuals respond well to treatment. We work with clients to create a customized treatment plan that will work for their individual case. Various forms of treatment for anxiety may include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness Interventions, Dialectical Behavior Informed Treatment, Relational, Psychodynamic, Gestalt and Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy approaches.